Friday, February 1, 2013

Bridget Jones and me

There is always that one novel which portrays your life in a way that makes you wonder if it’s you. And if you ask me about it, I would waste no time in thinking and say ‘Bridget Jones’ Diaries’.
Yes! And this is not only applied to me but to all those single girls who are struggling with their life every passing day. I bet all you girls…you read this novel once and you can easily tell a few moments where you can relate yourself to the character, Bridget Jones.


Here are some of my moments which makes wonder if Bridget Jones is based on me.

Zero love life: Bridget seems to be unlucky in love and has a real sad love life…or you might call it a zero love story. Here the case is same. And the common question that plagues both of us is ‘How’s your love life?’ Damn!

Craving for that sleek figure: There was a time when all I wanted was to be sleek. And I did everything I could to get that size zero thing. And I got that. But good grief, I got everything but complements. Hysterically, the same happened with Jones.

Impulsive Mother: Apparently reasons are different here but my Mom is no less impulsive than Bridget’s Mum.

Regular insecurities: This is the one that holds the stark similarity. Single woman living alone in a big city! What can you expect!

Last but not the least, Bridget is an Aries. ;)

And if I start reading the novel again, I’m sure I can come up with many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment