Sunday, March 31, 2013

Birthday week and the strings attached with it



For the happy and enthusiastic self, Bryan Adam is no doubt the inspiration. Yes, I’m talking about the famous 18 till I die anthem.

‘I wanna be young the rest of my life…I'm gonna be 18 till I die - 18 till I die’

Much to the contrary, I always wanted to grow old and that too too fast. I always wanted to live on my own, wanted to skip those adolescent years to enjoy my 20’s with fun and fervour. But much to my disappointment, it’s nothing like that. All I want now is to skip the coming years and jump onto the future. Or maybe the nicer idea will be to peek into the future so that I get a fairer idea what’s in store. Or maybe I should drop this idea too as the more uncertain the life is, the better it is for you. Well, such is life.

But it’s not just about the uncertainty that I carry along with me with every passing year, it’s the cluelessness that surrounds me during my b’day week. The cluelessness when every other person asks ‘Oh, it’s your b’day coming. Excited?’ Excited! Really…for the added number to my age or for the extra baggage that it brings along. For once I wish I could find myself at a place I want myself to see during this week that year in future. Until then I hope this video could help me chill!


P.S. Surprisingly while I'm waiting for all the unexpected calls to come, there is this one wish that has totally caught me off guard. And it's from Google. Well, it is kind of a surprise call. Atleast for me. :)



- G


3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I didn't expect to catch you here though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncertainty is certainly something which makes life more exciting, and takes it away from the dullness of constancy.
    Nicely written, good to read,.. And, Belated happy birthday to you.. :)

    ReplyDelete