Sunday, May 26, 2013

Eternal Friendship

One thing that is certain and defines all relationship is ‘friendship’. Believe it or not- it does act as the center of universe and rules our lives. Be it any relationship, it never fails to play its role. And one thing that I am absolutely sure of is that without friendship you’re definitely missing out something on your relationship or may be it is just left for the namesake. While all these thinking and logic make the concept of ‘friendship’ totally worth having, there is one thing that I’m totally uncertain of and that is ‘Eternal Friendship’.

I personally know many a people who claim to be ‘Best Friends Forever’ but I’m really not convinced- to the extent that it’s just another category for me. That’s why I avoided using the title ‘Best Friends Forever’ for this post…because I’m talking about the eternal friend here- the one that is for life and sticks around with you through thick and thin. The one who thinks the world of you and whom you can call anytime you need. The one who takes care of your special moments and is always there for you without fail. Sounds utopic, indeed! Personally I've never found that one true friend who has always been by my side. Over the time I made some great friends whom I would put under the BFF category but ‘eternal friendship’…what’s that!? I’m still alien to this category.

Or is it just the philosophy or the utopic concept that we have framed which constantly leads us to work up to the next level? Though I sincerely doubt that, here I’m stealthily hoping to find that one true friend one fine day. Isn't that what we all hope for!?

And as further and further I think about the whole thing, I think maybe it’s the one person that becomes your happily-ever-after. Makes a lot of sense here! Because you can be sure as hell that you’re going to spend the rest of your life with that person whom the world calls your soul-mate. But what if you end up with a total wrong person!? And believe me the odds of this happening is fairly high. This again pushes me to avoid having another think coming and to really think things through.


So where do we find this ‘eternal friend’ is an eternal question in itself. And the answer seems to be quite elusive. While the quest goes on and on, one thing that is certain is the need to work up your existing friendship. Who knows you might find your ‘eternal friend’ in your existing lot.


Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment