Saturday, March 9, 2013

Meet Julie & Julia!

Yesterday, it was Women’s Day. Not that I did something special, but I did watch this movie specially telecasted for the occasion on Zee Studio- ‘Julie & Julia’ (specially telecasted for the occasion) and got way too inspired. A good movie is all you need to graduate from a sulken to a happy state. I couldn’t agree more now.


Well, the movie is based on two real life stories. And it inspires you to take inspiration from the living legends and keep moving. Just as the tagline says ‘Passion. Ambition. Butter. Do You Have What It Takes?’ Well, you can replace ‘butter’ with the ingredient that is apt for your life.

The movie is about the chef Julia Child and an author Julie Powell. Both are from different worlds but their lives are intertwined with a common passion… passion for food. Julie takes inspiration from Julia and keep writing her blog, ‘Julie/Julia Project’ (a blog chronicling her attempt to cook Julia’s recipes).

As much as I liked the femme power in the movie, I salute the husbands behind these two powerful ladies who literally inspired them everytime the wives lost hope. They say ‘Behind every successful man, there is a woman’. But you can’t avoid the man behind a successful woman. It takes courage to be that man.

By and large, the movie was about womanhood and was a perfect end to Women’s Day.
Belated Happy Women’s Day!

P.S. Did I mention I loved Meryl Streep in the movie? I'm now. She was a delight to watch and it was she who made Julia's character amazingly superb.

Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment