Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When I really wanted to go home…


Well, it’s the story of me and my struggle to go home. Literally, I rarely want to visit my place.  So, the title seems to be a little vague there. No, it isn't  It’s just when I’m all depressed and I really want somebody to be around me, and as they say “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family. ” But again it’s a miss there too.

The story is different here. A pahadi by birth, I've always been in awe of the beauty that Mother Earth has endowed us with. And do I need to mention that I’m proud when people are like ‘Oh, you are from mountains. Wow!’ J Amazing feel, right. I know! And as I now live in Delhi, almost 16 hrs of non-stop drive from my native town (Pithoragarh). Tiresome! Isn't it? More when you’re a person who turns pale just at the mention of mountain journey.  It’s one hell of a journey for me everytime I plan to go there. Courtesy to the rickety bus and my affinity to mountain sickness!

But what makes me jump to the idea of visiting my place is none other than ‘homesickness’. Ugh. Yes, of course.  And snowfall too. My best part of the year is when it snows. And ever since I decided to leave home for higher studies, I always planned to visit it at that time of the year. But unfortunately it never happened so. And this year too, I was really sure, owing to the weather conditions, that it will definitely snow in January. So, I planned my journey accordingly. But to my bad, no snowfall. To add to the pain, it snowed in February when I’m gone. Thank you, Mother Earth, for being such a spoiler. As much as I really wanted to be there, here’s to the fact that I didn't get to go home when I really wanted to.


No comments:

Post a Comment